Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Reading. A solitary exercise in entertainment or study. I discovered a number of years ago, that it need not be solitary. I read to my sons. It was fun for them and absolutely marvelous for me. I searched for books to capture their attention, keep their interest, and encouraged them to read. Today, we all have libraries that are eclectic, entertaining, and enthusiastic. We chat on the phone and mostly discuss new books, screenplay, movies, and swap titles when we can. I hate to get rid of a book, I might want to read it again. Space being what it is, I occasionally have to purge my stock. Never fear, I always have a son that will take what I get rid of.

Newly arrived in the reading department are the wonderful Books on tape, CD, or MP3. Wow, what a concept, and again it's not solitary. I am growing a larger collection than ever. It makes trips seem short. In fact, Flame and I have to watch the gas gauge carefully or our inattentiveness will leave us stranded. We sometime arrive at out destination, having been immersed in a mystery, or science fiction novel, and have to drive around the block for that last chapter.

The good news, it's still cheap(relatively), entertaining, and always educational. It is one of my favorite pastimes, and I have so many choices of media. Wow

1 comment:

Mommanurse said...

Try anything with "Sweet Potato Queens" in the title. The author reads it, and you will laugh out loud throughout. Flame more often than you, I admit.........